- Insider experience.
- Hotel Pick up and Drop off services.
- Lots of local food.
This tour is only available on private or semi private tour basis.
Visit the remote village of Ayvali to feel like a true insider, as you’re welcomed into a villager’s home to prepare typical Anatolian meal, learn about Turkish culinary tradition while feasting on regional specialities amongst which delicate “borek” pastries (made with cheese that’s been ripened in an earthenware jug), traditional bulgur soup, yaprak sarmasi (seasoned rice wrapped in grape leaves), manti (Turkish ravioli), dolaz (a delicious fried dessert served with local honey) can be quoted, meet local men relaxing in a ‘kiraathane/traditional coffee-house” to find out the male villagers’ life style and sample wine from the Cappadocia region. After a strong Turkish coffee bid goodbye to the friendly hosts and then stroll through Ayvali’s tiny streets at which the locals may invite you for tea or homemade desserts from their kitchens. Our visit to the village may also feature a walk to the local market on the days it will be open to check out the most interesting stalls and chat to the vendors, or, if not open, walk to the village to pick your own organic fruit, or visit one of the cool storage caves.
- This tour is a good choice for physically challenged guests.
- Cars/vans/minibuses are non smoking and air conditioned vehicles.
- Hotel pick up and drop off services.
- This is an half day tour.
- Depeends of the availability and the season there may be wine tasting as well.
- You will be visiting real local home so the family members English skills may vary other than your guide.
- Empty stomach.
- No dress code.
- 4-5 Hours.
- Available everyday throughout the year.